Dedicated to the Lord Jesus Christ Who loved us, gave Himself for us, and washed us from our sins in His own Blood; and to the Church, which is His body.

JOHN 5:16-27
When the Jewish authorities heard Jesus call God "my  Father", they immediately understood that Jesus claimed  Himself to be deity in the highest possible sense. That claim was either blasphemy, to be punished by death, or else Jesus was who He claimed to be.
Jesus never referred to Himself with His disciples as "our" Father. He always said "my" Father, since His relationship was unique and eternal, whereas theirs was by grace and regeneration.
We must ponder carefully our Lord's own conception of who He was. He said "I am from above" (John 8:23); "Before Abraham was, I AM" (John 8:58); "I and my Father are one" (John 10:30); "He that hath seen me hath seen the Father" (John 14:9); and "I am not of the world" (John 17:16). He also declared His eternal pre-existence and that He shared the Father's glory (John 6:62; and 17:5).
We can't just honor Jesus, we have to also honor the Father. This is what separates true Christianity from the religions of the world. Most religions honor Jesus as a great man (i.e: Islam, Unification Church, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc.), but they are violently opposed to making Jesus equal with Almighty God (1 John 2:23). The names and titles given to Jesus in John's gospel clearly present Jesus as being equal with God. He is all we need Him to be.